The PeepSo Core plugin can be upgraded with a Zip installation file or by using the WordPress Plugin Directory (core) or automatic updates for all the child plugins.
Preparations before the upgrade that must be done
- Create a backup of the entire site, files and database.
- Make sure the backup works.
- Put the site in maintenance mode.
- Update plugins with one of the methods described below.
Automatic Updates In WordPress Backend
Implemented starting from PeepSo 1.3.0. If you have an earlier version of PeepSo installed, automatic updates will not work.
Before doing the automated updates it's important to stick to the below mentioned order of updates. As all of the plugins have different levels of dependancies if the order is not kept, worst case scenario you will have to update by using a zip installation file.
- Update ChatSo plugin
- Update all other child plugins (MsgSo, PicSo, VidSo, ...)
- Update PeepSo Core plugin
After the update is done, refresh the plugins page. You will be required to activate the plugins again, just select them all and batch activate.
Known error that may occur, that sounds worse than what it is. Starting from 1.4.0 release we have unified the names of directories of PeepSo and its plugins. So if after the automatic update is complete you see errors saying that a plugin was disabled because a plugin file does not exist:
Don't worry. That is the first and last time you are seeing it. Just activate the plugins on your list and you're done.
Using A Zip Installation File
- Open the PeepSo configuration.
Under the “PeepSo Uninstall” options make sure that the: “Delete Post and Comment data” and “Delete all data and settings” ARE NOT CHECKED. Otherwise you will lose everything users ever posted on the site.
- Save changes.
- Navigate to the plugins list.
- Find PeepSo.
- Deactivate and remove PeepSo.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Use the “Upload Plugin” button.
- Upload the installation package
- Install and activate.
PeepSo upgrade from a zip file
Using The WordPress Plugin Directory In The Backend Of Your Website
- Navigate to the backend area of your site.
- Find PeepSo in your plugins list. An icon will indicate that the plugin needs to be updated.
- Click the ‘update’ link. WordPress will update the plugin.