Fixing issues with navigation, broken links, trashed pages
If your website is experiencing:
- broken / malformed / strangely looking links
- 404 messages
- any other issues that seem related to page URLs
1. Make sure that "WordPress Address" and "Site Address" are properly configured in your WordPress settings - it is recommended to use https:// (SSL). If you recently switched from http:// to https:// you might need to update these settings. PeepSo requires these two settings to be identical to avoid navigation issues.
2. Go to Admin > Pages and find the page with a related PeepSo shortcode (Read more about PeepSo shortcodes). You can list all PeepSo pages by searching for peepso_
3. Edit the Page.
4. Click "update".
5. The problem should be solved.
Special case: "trashed" pages
If you experience issues with trashed pages like this example http://yourdomain.com/slug__trashed/
- Delete the existing page along with the trashed page.
- Empty the trash inside your "pages" in the Dashboard.
- Recreate the page that had the issue (for example profile page)
- Include the PeepSo Shortcode for that page (Read more about PeepSo shortcodes)