GIPHY is the best way to search, share, and discover GIFs on the Internet. Like other search engines, most of their content comes from indexing based on the best and most popular GIFs and search terms across the web.
Gifs from GIPHY can be added to comments under posts as well as shared via chat. It’s a great way to react to a post or a message.
1. Install GIPHY plugin as any other regular WordPress plugin. Remember to add the license key on PeepSo settings.
2. Go to PeepSo -> Configuration -> GIPHY.
Since GIPHY is a third party service, it needs an API key to work. We’ve been working with GIPHY and we’ve made sure that you don’t need to apply for the key; it’s filled in during installation and works with any domain name. You’ll be able to change it in the config section if GIPHY changes the API key.
Set how many GIFs previews you want to see.
Max Content Rating
You can set the maximum rating for GIPHY gifs for your site. If you run a site for kids or teenagers it might be a great idea to limit the explicit content. The options are:
- Y – Illustrated content only
- G – Suitable for everyone
- PG – May be inappropriate for children
- PG-13 – May be inappropriate under the age of 13
- R – Inappropriate under the age of 17
- No limit
Giphy Gifs Size
These options allow you to decide how big, dimensions, the giphy gifs will show. One setting is for the comments on the stream, second is for the chat integration.
3. Save the changes and go to frontpage to see how it looks.