PeepSo Activity Stream
- 1 General
- 2 Comments
- 3 Read More
- 4 Profile Posts
With the introduction of user following and group following there are 2 options for stream:
- Community – Posts from the entire Community you have the right to see. That’s where the privacy on posts and groups kicks in.
- Following – Posts only from members & groups you follow. So you won’t see posts from people or groups you don’t follow even if those posts have the privacy settings that allow you to see them.
That way with the Community view you can see everything and have a great overview of everything going on in the community. Whereas, Following allows you to focus on the most important to you things. Your friends, your groups or even people you’re not friends with.
In addition there’s a secondary setting for showing and hiding ‘my posts’. If you don’t want to see your own posts and just focus on others’ go right ahead.
Default stream filter: Community / Following. It’s the very first setting when you go to: backend > PeepSo > Configuration.
Default Stream Filter
- Community: Posts from the entire Community
- Following: Posts only from members & groups you follow
Maximum Size Of Posts
Limit the size of the posts in characters.
Open Links In New Tab
When posting links in status updates, administrators can decide whether the links will open in a new browser tab or in the same tab. Opening links in a new tab keeps your users in the community and allows them to return quickly.
Hide Activity Stream From Non-Logged-In Users
When enabled, PeepSo will not show the activity stream, including status updates, posts, which privacy settings are “public”, to people who are not logged in.
This way other members can share your post within the PeepSo network.
Enable Post updates upon user avatar change
Whenever a user updates his or hers avatar (profile picture) a post will be shown in the community stream.
Enable Post updates upon user cover change
Whenever a user updates his or hers cover image a post will be shown in the community stream.
Number Of Comments To Display
The default number of comments to be displayed under each post. Recent comments will be shown but additional comments will be hidden. To see all comments, users need to click ‘Show All Comments’.
Show x more comments
If there are more comments than the number of comments to display a "show x more button" will appear to show more comments.
- Show 'read more' after: [n] characters
- Redirect to single post view when post is longer than: [n] characters
Who can post on "my profile" page
Here you can choose who can post on your profile stream.
There are 3 options:
- Site members: Every member can post on your profile
- Friends: Only friends can post on your profile
- Only me (Profile owner): No one else can post on your profile.
Let users override this setting
The options are Yes or Not.