The PeepSo Core plugin can be upgraded with a Zip installation file or by using the WordPress Plugin Directory (core) or automatic updates for all the child plugins.
Preparations before the upgrade that must be done
- Create a backup of the entire site, files and database.
- Make sure the backup works.
- Put the site in maintenance mode.
- Update plugins with one of the methods described below.
Automatic Updates In WordPress Backend
For a quick and hassle-free upgrade:
- Go to the backend of your site > Dashboard > Updates
- Select all PeepSo plugins that need to be updated
- Click ‘Update Plugins’
- Update PeepSo Core
- Go to the backend > Plugins
- Reactivate all PeepSo plugins
The whole operation doesn’t take more than 3 minutes. Should you have any issues or questions, please do contact us.
Using A Zip Installation File
- Open the PeepSo configuration.
- Options that must NOT be checked for UPGRADES
Under the “PeepSo Uninstall” options make sure that the: “Delete Post and Comment data” and “Delete all data and settings” ARE NOT CHECKED. Otherwise you will lose everything users ever posted on the site.
- Save changes.
- Navigate to the plugins list.
- Find PeepSo.
- Deactivate and remove PeepSo.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Use the “Upload Plugin” button.
- Upload the installation package
- Install and activate.
PeepSo upgrade from a zip file